Wednesday 29 February 2012

PUT A BIRD ON IT

This post is just an excuse for another playlist and to talk about one of my favourite jewellery designers for a bit. However, if you haven't seen serial superlative-surpasser Carrie Brownstein's show, here's a taster:


Someone else who makes a living from putting birds on things (but in a less deranged way) is designer Helen Shere. She works almost entirely in silver, and cuts and stamps designs into small but perfectly formed pendants, rings, earrings and bangles. I love the simplicity of her jewellery and clever Dave bought me one of her necklaces for Christmas a couple of years back.


Although her work predominantly takes its inspiration from nature - think plants, foxes, trees etc. - I also love these these tiny house earrings and this 'leave room for cake' ring. I'd buy the lot if I had the money, but I don't, so I'll sit here looking wistful instead and listen to this playlist:


1. I Like Birds - Eels
2. Black Swan - Thom Yorke
3. Pigeon - Maps & Atlases
4. Crane Your Neck - Lady Lamb the Beekeeper
5. Take the Box - Amy Winehouse 
6. Two Doves - Dirty Projectors
7. Easy to Be Around - Diane Cluck
8. Steak for Chicken - The Moldy Peaches
9. Vulture - Micachu & The Shapes
10. Bird - The Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment